Spinal Surgery

LOW BACK PAIN

LOW BACK PAIN

What is the incidence of low back pain?

Low back pain, upper respiratory infections society 2 frequently occurring health problem. Large number of people complaining of back pain at least once in their lifetime encounter.

What causes low back pain?

The majority of low back pain (90% of) the somatic muscles and soft tissue origin of low back pain, and any laboratory or imaging abnormalities detected by the method of sores. These pains are extremely good-natured, 90% of 1-6 weeks and will likely correct itself. Show the rest of the continuity of up to 10% (chronic) condition and treatments are more difficult. Much of 10% of low back pain herniated disc, arthritis, frequently heard in society depends on the circumstances, such as curvature of the spine. These pains are more severe, frequent and repetitive pain tend to be repetitive. This type of pain is low back pain radiating to the leg, leg numbness or weakness may be accompanied by symptoms such as coughing-straining pain increase.

Rheumatic diseases due to serious illnesses such as cancer, low back pain or back pain is all but 1% of forms. Usually, fever, fatigue, weakness, weight loss, and is accompanied by symptoms such as night pain.

The most important cause of low back pain and the loss of labor in developed countries. In addition, high rate (75%) are iterative.

What should I do if I have pain lower back?

Low back pain; walk onto a very severe and interferes with, sleep, wake up at night because of low back pain, low back pain persists despite the 1-2 day rest and pain killers, traffic accidents, falls from heights as a result of an injury if you have low back pain, numbness in the leg with back pain, burning, loss of strength, feeling, advanced age (65 and older) have low back pain and the treatment is seen by an orthopedic surgeon must be planned appropriately.

What is the treatment for low back pain?

Low back pain, medication, physical therapy and home exercise common treatment modalities of treatment. Interventional pain treatments more and more frequent treatments. Where necessary and appropriate surgical treatments show good results in selected cases.

About the author

Prof.Dr. Seref Aktas